1. There is far more variety. 12 workouts in all, and all 12 are for every level, from beginner to advanced. Some DVD sets come with multiple workouts, but most of the time only one or two are usable at your current level. Even after one year of doing this program, you will probably have only seen the same workout 10 or 12 times. This prevents burnout and helps keep you interested and enthusiastic about working out. We also spread out ALL the workouts to cover your entire body, not devoting a whole workout to “abs”, or “legs”, or any other specific muscle group. No one needs THAT much work done at once to any body part.
2. Much less repetition due to the built in flexibility of the System: the first 4 rounds are open to the addition of your own material, so YOU can decide what seated stretches, standing stretches, dynamic stretches, and shadow boxing you want to do. Sure, you may want to use the same warmup stretches over and over again, but should you happen to come across a book or video that is showing you something new that you want to try, you simply add it into your stretching rounds, whether its seated, standing, or dynamic. If its a technique, you can add it into your shadowboxing round. This way your program can continually grow or evolve according to your needs or desires. With a DVD, you’re stuck with what they give you, EVERY single time!
3. Unlimited variety in the music: with DVD’s, you are stuck to listening to THEIR generic terrible music EVERY single time you workout. With the “Kickboxing at Home” System, YOU are the dj to your own workout. One day you might want rock, the next day hip hop, the next time acid jazz or fusion or funk, or whatever… Being able to put on the music that YOU like, and are in the mood for, EACH and every time, is a huge plus. HUGE!
4. There are no tedious introductions and explanations to suffer thru: DVD’s always have someone talking, introducing things, instructing, etc…. It might be good for the first time, but what about 6 months into the program and you’re still having to listen to ALL that annoying stuff EVERY single time you want to work out??? No way! (Read the Amazon reviews from people who have been on a program for a while and you’ll see.)
7. All other workout DVD’s “pad” their workouts with all kinds of boot camp exercises! Burpees, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, sit ups, running in place, pushups, and all sorts of other exercises that are NO fun to do. The “Kickboxing at Home” System has been designed to work these same muscle groups, but by doing something fun and interesting on the heavy bag. This gets your mind off the “workload” and puts it into the “fight”, where time passes much more quickly, and with a lot more excitement and fun.
8. DVD’s put your neck, and possibly your whole body, in an improper alignment. DVD’s teach you to look at a screen, when your eyes should be laser-focused on your opponent. When you’re trying to watch an instructor, yet your technique is moving your body with momentum in a different direction, this can cause you to crane your neck unnaturally and lead to neck injury and headaches. Our System has you ALWAYS looking at your opponent, and NEVER taking your eyes off of him. If there is ONE crucial habit to form for self defense and fighting, this is it.